Notifications
Clear all

It's time to upgrade the basic unit to a performer

admin
Admin
Topic starter
(@admin)

Yes ok the purpose of using the longer LK1 was that it was cheep and large format. But you know your gonna mod the O'l girl after getting the hang of 3d printing. The control board is kinda weak and bed leveling could be automatic. 

So lets do it. 

First I added a 3d touch for bed leveling. It ran about 30 bucks so I think it might be real. There's alot of warnings about voltages and resisters but I just plugged it in, Plugged it in to a Duet2 WiFi that is. The mainboard upgrade is about 60 bucks and brings your 3d printing into a whole new world. I'm not talking about drivers I'm talking about getting the hell away from arduino IDE. The dreaded Marlin setup and pain in the ass updates to the rambo board. BYE BYE. 

The duet uses a web interface and changes are made on the fly through the Duet Web Control v1 (DWC)

Man and the help website is plain as day and easy to follow.  

The hardware screws into the longer case and the connection is through WIFI.  Wait what? yes and there is a display available but not required

It took a little reading and some adjustments but this thing is humming now

1 Reply
admin
Admin
Topic starter
(@admin)

This thing is on the move 

©2021 LocalAd

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account