Notifications
Clear all

z axis mistake  

admin
(@admin)
Admin
27/04/2020 5:05 pm  
hello
first i want to say thanks for the tevo help, I,m almost there, was printing the y axis base plate and the nozzle on my ender 5 got clogged and it looks like the main board is screwed. The extruder motor turns when plugged in to the z axis and a spare motor plugged in just bumbs back and forth no forward progress. do you have a recommendation for a replacement board, I got suckered into getting the silent crealirt board just after i bought the ender5 it's only about 3 months old, my guess would be to replace these boards with ones that the driver can be removed

kuan215:

I am not sure I understand the problem. Is the filament stick to the bed? Can you check the 3 jumpers underneath the z-motor driver(small green board next to the z-motor connector), they should all have cap on them. You can also text me at 978-494-4703.

Your previous message

Hello
Thanks for the support, things are all setup and operating but 1 issue
strangly enough the same i have had all along ever sense i changed the x &y rails
maybe you have an answer

my z axis retracts to fast and the item being printed is not dense enough. I have gotten the bed leveled and that system is working great, I just dont understand if the z screw shaft is stock and bed leveled and the software setup for the tevo why would the z axis be so far out, i figured it was to do with the bed level but it's not
I know you can tune the motors but i am at a loss there and this is just a quick question If you have experienced this issue

kuan215:

You can plug the sensor right into z-endstop socket on the motherboard. These sensor were tested to work with 5v, so there is no other circuit needed.

Your previous message

hello
i am up and running at the bed leveling. the question is the probe attachment to the main board how does it wire in where does it get the power from and if i have to power it how do i wire it up

kuan215:

I had more than 15 printers in the past two years, sold probably over 300 ABL sensors. I bought them to design the bracket for ABL sensors I sold. Tarantula was my second one after Anet A8. Love it, but Ender 5 is much better one. I had two Ender 5 before. I have a bit more 3D printer knowledge than average people. I will happy to help if you run into any problems.

Your previous message

thank you
i hope to not need it. I have been having a major issue with my tarantula i amost junked it. I put roller rails and duel screws on it and it never printed right again. the optput is not bense, its like the x axis is moving in to large of steps. I bought a ender 5 and it started doing it until i put auto leveling on it, now it's printing great. If i can get this tarantula printing again it would be so awesome, being my first machine and havinf taught me so much,
again thanks so much
jim

kuan215:

Your previous message

board1
This topic was modified 2 months ago 2 times by admin

admin
(@admin)
Admin
29/04/2020 1:34 am  

well I changed out the new ender 5 silent main board back to the original one, one that works. I had the up grade board about 2 months, figured i would try to warranty it, seems China aint in the mood. At this point I would not recomment a ender 5, granted i am back making parts, Parts for the tevo, lol. I think it's a evel plot to sell materials.

The orignal post was about tevo from hell so i will continue there

P1030175
P1030177
P1030176
P1030178

ReplyQuote
jimbo
(@jimbo)
29/04/2020 3:00 am  

Here is a calculator for that exact reason

I changed lead-screw to an T8-2 (8mm lead-screw 2mm rise per rotation)
// Z Axis 3200, / 2mm pitch lead-screw = 200*16 /2 = 1600 :: (STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_Z / PITCH_OF_Z_ROD)

My old setup
// Typical stepper motors have 200 steps per full step/rev = 1.8°/step, so 1/16 micro-stepping = STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_E = 3200
Belt
// X-Y Axis 3200, / 20 tooth, / 2mm pitch = 200*16 / 20 / 2 = 80 :: (STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_X / IDLER_TEETH_X / BELT_PITCH_X)
Lead-Screw - T8-8 (8mm lead-screw 8mm rise per rotation)
// Z Axis 3200, / 8mm pitch lead-screw = 200*16 /8 = 400 :: (STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_Z / PITCH_OF_Z_ROD)

ReplyQuote
Share:

©2020 LocalAd

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account