219.00 American hard earned dollars for a large format 3d printer. Hell Yeah Boys
I never understand my motive. I always buy things cause they are cheep but when I get started using them I get mad because I buy junk, I would say china junk , but right nowadays most 3d printers are coming from there.
We have a never break policy to buy only American, did I mention this costs 2 hundred bucks, I'm a sucker. Policy well I guess I'm a hypocrite, I'm so glad china doesn't make General Aviation Planes or helicopters cause I'd surely be in the ground.
Somewhere in this forum we are building a hight temp 3d printer and it required a large print that exceeded the ender 5 we have and are using as our production machine so welcome to the Team Longer.
The hightemp printer will be using a Ultimamachine ARCHIM 1.0.. I say this because the tarantula rebuild has been stalled because of poor quality china shit controllers, on number 4 now and still not printing.
did a firmware update today. they have a marlin version, the update went smooth working a print now to see if I am still in service These are the latest firmware from newest (marlin) first
It's all in the settings. Went from cura slicer to repietier, then back to cura to get this printing how i wanted. It's a learning process
Started a new drone project
required carbon fiber reinforced filament
The prints are very large, right to the max dimension of this printer but yes I am glade i have the capability
So it starts out with a good print of the lower body then i started getting a shift in the print
couple prints later and things went haywire. to make things short Through my troubleshooting I found a set screw in the framework channel. The issue being in the x axis my inspection reveled the set screw missing on the pulley and of course the pulley was slipping. Post print from reinserting the set screw
issues with large print. This is my first encounter with this issue. A very long print with alot of infill
either the bed is not hesting outward of the print area or the adheision method is not setup
this was going for 12 hours until i pulled the plug
settings for body upper previous print for battery box was successful on these settings