The global battery market is growing constantly, and competition between manufacturers is expected to intensify with the introduction of new and advanced technologies and higher investments in the market.

Out of all these companies, we will explore the top 5 battery manufacturers in China.


With headquarters in Luoyang, China and more than 2,000 employees worldwide, CALB is a large, nationally owned enterprise. It provides products for renewable energy storage, transportation, wind and photovoltaic energy storage, telecommunication, mining equipment, and rail transportation markets. Its products include lithium-ion batteries featuring large capacity, long cycle life, high power density, low self-discharge rate, and low temperature performance.


BYD was established in 1995, and its headquarters are in Shenzhen, China. The main products are lithium iron phosphate power batteries and lithium-ion polymer batteries. BYD announced in 2018 its plan to quadruple its manufacturing capacity before 2020. The clients of BYD include top consumer electronics brands such as Samsung, LG, Huawei, Lenovo, ZTE, and TCL.

Shenzhen BAK Technology

Founded in 2001, Shenzhen BAK Technology Co. Ltd is mostly known for its lithium-ion polymer  and LiFePo4 batteries. It manufactures and exports various types of rechargeable batteries. Around 75% of their products are exported globally while the rest of the 25% is sold within China. The company has subsidiaries in Europe and India and has set up offices in the United States to support an extensive domestic market.


Dongguan LARGE Electronics Co. Ltd. was established in 2002. It focuses on lithium-ion-battery module research, development, production, and sales. The company’s main products are power supplies, power-storage power supply, industrial power supply and other consumer power supplies. It has grown to be a leading lithium-ion battery provider with customizations.


Shenzhen Grepow Battery Co., Ltd. was founded in 1998. It is an advanced technology company that specializes in the research and production of NIMH, Li-PO batteries, and LiFePO4 batteries and development of power management systems. After decades of development, Grepow is now one of the largest manufacturers of high C-rate and high capacity batteries in China. Its sales network covers all areas of China, most areas of Asia, Europe, America, Austria, and some areas of Africa. We have established offices in Xinjiang, Germany, and U.S.A. to provide better service to customers for delivery efficiency and after-sales service.

The battery manufacturers in this article are in no particular order. In fact, there are many other battery manufacturers in China who contribute to the further development and research of batteries.

You may also like:

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

©2023 LocalAd


We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

WordPress Ads
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account